Quite possibly the best at the price ...
John Smith
2010-08-28 13:26:40 UTC
http://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15

Amazing little software defined radio. A friend dropped by with it and
I loaded up the software and gave it a try. The check is in the mail
and I am anxiously awaiting to have one of my own!

This puts all other radios in this price class in the dirt ...

Regards,
JS
dave
Will it run on Linux? If not, what is its "price class"?
m II
2010-08-28 20:52:26 UTC
Post by dave
Post by John Smith
http://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15
Amazing little software defined radio. A friend dropped by with it and I
loaded up the software and gave it a try. The check is in the mail and I
am anxiously awaiting to have one of my own!
This puts all other radios in this price class in the dirt ...
Regards,
JS
Will it run on Linux? If not, what is its "price class"?
I have the 'normal' 320, without the 'D' appendage. Wonderful set.

http://xclass.sourceforge.net/rx320.html

mike
h***@collins.net
2010-08-29 02:32:58 UTC
Post by m II
Post by dave
Post by John Smith
http://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15
Amazing little software defined radio. A friend dropped by with it and I
loaded up the software and gave it a try. The check is in the mail and I
am anxiously awaiting to have one of my own!
This puts all other radios in this price class in the dirt ...
Regards,
JS
Will it run on Linux? If not, what is its "price class"?
I have the 'normal' 320, without the 'D' appendage. Wonderful set.
http://xclass.sourceforge.net/rx320.html
mike
You can easily convert to the D version for DRM reception:

http://www.g7ltt.com/drm/rx320mods/
m II
2010-08-29 02:52:30 UTC
Post by h***@collins.net
Post by m II
I have the 'normal' 320, without the 'D' appendage. Wonderful set.
http://xclass.sourceforge.net/rx320.html
http://www.g7ltt.com/drm/rx320mods/
Good page. I have to put off the soldering until things settle down a
bit here.

I wonder if there is any open source software available or whether it's
all licensed...

Thanks again.

mike
dave
2010-08-29 21:22:35 UTC
It has a buffered IF out or something, no?
dave
2010-08-29 14:00:54 UTC
Post by m II
Post by dave
Post by John Smith
http://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15
Amazing little software defined radio. A friend dropped by with it and I
loaded up the software and gave it a try. The check is in the mail and I
am anxiously awaiting to have one of my own!
This puts all other radios in this price class in the dirt ...
Regards,
JS
Will it run on Linux? If not, what is its "price class"?
I have the 'normal' 320, without the 'D' appendage. Wonderful set.
http://xclass.sourceforge.net/rx320.html
Nice. I can partially control the 320 with Hamlib, but with very
limited function.

Again, I point out it is not an SDR. It is an analog radio with a DSP
final IF demodulator.
RHF
2010-08-28 22:09:30 UTC
On Aug 28, 11:05 am, dave <***@dave.dave> wrote:
- - John Smith wrote:
- - http://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15
- -
- - Amazing little software defined radio.
- - A friend dropped by with it and I loaded up
- - the software and gave it a try.
- - The check is in the mail and I am anxiously
- - awaiting to have one of my own!
- -
- - This puts all other radios in this price class in the dirt ...
- -
- - Regards,
- - JS

- Will it run on Linux?  If not, what is its "price class"?

The Ten-Tec RX-320D little 'Black-Box' Receiver
http://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15
Quite Possibly the Best at the Price . . . ~$370+

eHam -reviews- Ten-Tec RX-320D 'DSP' Receiver
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1341
-read- LNXAUTHOR {Linux}
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1341?page=2

The Ten-Tec RX-320D Receiver requires a very
low noise PC / Lap-Top and even more important
a PC /Lap-Top AC-to-DC Power Supply that is
really Noise Free.
http://swling.com/Radios.htm#RX-320D

Yes the little 'Black-Box' Receiver know as the
Ten-Tec RX-320D "DSP" Radio is price at ~$370
-but- you have to add-on the 'price' of the PC
-and- everything associated with the PC too . . .
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/commrxvr/0321.html

The Ten-Tec RX-320D "DSP" Receiver
* A little Black-Box with a Big Punch
http://swling.com/blog/?p=391

DREAM / DRM Digital Shortwave Software
and the Ten-Tec RX-320D Receiver
http://www.dxtra.com/rx320.html

-info- Ten-Tec RX-320D "DSP" Receiver
http://www.r390a.com/html/ten_tec_rx-320.html

DF9CY TenTec RX320D Receiver
http://www.df9cy.de/tech-mat/rx320d/rx320d.html

Monitoring Times -review- Ten-Tec RX-320
-by- Lee Reynolds
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mtrx320.html

WorldStation Software for Ten-Tec RX-320D Receiver
http://www.dxtra.com/

Control a Ten-Tec RX-320 Receiver from OSX and X11
http://www.machamradio.com/files/ded030453f0194e57c8f69d6e4a9747b-9.html

How-To : Use Ubantu {Linux} to Control the
Ten Tec RX320D Shortwave Radio

Linux and the Ten-Tec RX-320 PC-Radio
http://www.tux.org/~bball/rx320/index.html

LINUX Software Packages for the
Ten Tec RX-320 and RX-320D Receivers
http://www.caitlynmartin.co.cc/shortwave/rx320.html

Rovero's Ten-Tec RX-320 Page [Linux]
http://www.roveroresearch.org/ss_ba/rx320/rx320.html

and now you know-it-all . . .
once you have read the links - mkia ~ RHF
.
What 'About' a Beer Cliff . . .
.
Yeah More Useless Knowledge !
.
.
Firebottle3
2010-08-28 22:15:43 UTC
The Ten-Tec RX-320D little 'Black-Box' Receiverhttp://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15
Ten Tec RX320D Shortwave Radiohttp://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=190208
Linux and the Ten-Tec RX-320 PC-Radiohttp://www.tux.org/~bball/rx320/index.html
LINUX Software Packages for the
Ten Tec RX-320 and RX-320D Receivershttp://www.caitlynmartin.co.cc/shortwave/rx320.html
Rovero's Ten-Tec RX-320 Page [Linux]http://www.roveroresearch.org/ss_ba/rx320/rx320.html
and now you know-it-all . . .
once you have read the links - mkia ~ RHFhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:IT1u8BI00DCMyM:http://farm3.static...
 .
What 'About' a Beer Cliff . . .http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/cliff-clavin...
 .
Yeah More Useless Knowledge !http://media.80stees.com/images/products/Cliff-Clavin-Cheers-Shirt.jpg
 .
 .
Somebody could ask if a fart smells, and RHF would answer with 20 or
more cut n' pastes.

What a flaming asshole!!
RHF
2010-08-28 22:51:04 UTC
[...]

-was- The Ten-Tec RX-320D "DSP" Receiver :
Quite Possibly the Best at the Price . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/30a635c641551729

- Somebody could ask if a fart smells,
- and RHF would answer with 20 or more cut n' pastes.

- What a flaming asshole!!

FB3 - Well Said ;;-}} a Picture is Worth 1K Words
.
Caution You Are Entering The _ . _ . _ Zone !
http://www.dreamwidth.org/userpic/793/369
.
Ya Got To Know Your-Self -say-self-
.
Everyone has to be good at something . . .
.
When You Know It All . . . -ya- Know-It-All !
.
FB3 -ah- Less that 10-Links was enough to Prove the
Point : Which was when you Ask {Invite} someone to
be an AssHole [@] : They Often Do-Do ;;-}} ~ RHF
.
And here is That Something Extra :
"Speaking of AssHoles [@] . . ." -by- RHF
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b50bf6d968ba7423
.
.
Paul Briskette
2010-08-29 06:47:46 UTC
Receiverhttp://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15 Quite Possibly the Best
 .
Post by Firebottle3
 .
Yeah More Useless Knowledge
!http://media.80stees.com/images/products/Cliff-Clavin-Cheers-Shirt.jpg
 .
 .
Somebody could ask if a fart smells, and RHF would answer with 20 or
more cut n' pastes.
What a flaming asshole!!
most people filter him
he seems to think he is the only person who knows how to google. no
original thinking. an ideal tea bagger. funny he has not used his
powered wheel chair to go to the glen beck kkk rally
RHF
2010-08-29 10:16:27 UTC
Post by RHF
[...]

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/9680dfdfe1df1f1c

- most people filter him

PB - Why Are You Reading This ?
{If You Have Plonked Me !}

PB - Brilliant !
Oops - But Clealy You Did Not ;;-}}
Ah! - without me you would not have S T C A . . .

- he seems to think he is the only person

Think & Thinking . . . OMG I Got's a Brain

- who knows how to google.

PB - No
Some Do
Some Don't
-and-
Some are Glad you did the basic ground work for them
-thus- Proving Once Again : You Can't Please Everyone

- no original thinking.

Thinking, Thunking & Think-Thunking :
PB - What's In Your Brain ?

- an ideal tea bagger.

PB - Hey You Got That Right [Pun}
* Tea Baggers an Ideal !
{Being Good US Citizens Exercising Their Rights}
* Tea Baggers Have Ideas !
{Thinking for Themselves NOT Listening to either
Republicans or Democrats : Thinking Americanism}
* Tea Baggers Have Ideals !
{Believing in American History, Values & Traditions}

- funny he has not used his powered wheel chair

PB - Ain't You The Big Mighty Man 'picking-on'*
an Old Man in his Power-Wheel Chair.
* -sad-4-u-i-am-

- to go to the glen beck kkk rally

Thanks for being the first to 'mentioning'* the
Glenn Beck 8/28 "Restoring Honor" Rally in DC
http://www.glennbeck.com/828/
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_DC_RALLY?SITE=TXDAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

* Hey MWB don't blame me 'i' did not bring it up
first : but now that it has been mentioned . . .
.
Finally - If You Are Reading This . . .
Are Your NewGroup Filters Working ? ? ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plonk_%28Usenet%29
-or- Why Are You Reading This ?
{If You Have Plonked Me !}
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:RunktRdV5LtQsM
.
John Smith
2010-08-29 03:03:03 UTC
Post by RHF
The Ten-Tec RX-320D Receiver requires a very
low noise PC / Lap-Top and even more important
a PC /Lap-Top AC-to-DC Power Supply that is
really Noise Free.
http://swling.com/Radios.htm#RX-320D
Actually, you don't need that quiet of a laptop/p-supply. Just use the
serial to usb with ~30ft of USB cable length. Wrap 10-15 turns of the
cable through a ft240-43 toroid. Friend had to do this with a noisy dell
... worked great. Keep the receiver 15-20ft from the laptop. He is now
running a new Acer and the problem is non-existent. I had no problem
with just a 6ft. USB cable and no choke on an HP. I was really
impressed. My $5000+ SDR transceiver beats it, but darn, at that price
it is a steal! I would place it into the HOT category of receivers ...

Regards,
JS
RHF
2010-08-29 10:22:22 UTC
Post by RHF
The Ten-Tec RX-320D Receiver requires a very
low noise PC / Lap-Top and even more important
a PC /Lap-Top AC-to-DC Power Supply that is
really Noise Free.
http://swling.com/Radios.htm#RX-320D
Actually, you don't need that quiet of a laptop/p-supply.  Just use the
serial to usb with ~30ft of USB cable length.  Wrap 10-15 turns of the
cable through a ft240-43 toroid. Friend had to do this with a noisy dell
... worked great.  Keep the receiver 15-20ft from the laptop.  He is now
running a new Acer and the problem is non-existent.  I had no problem
with just a 6ft. USB cable and no choke on an HP.  I was really
impressed.  My $5000+ SDR transceiver beats it, but darn, at that price
it is a steal!  I would place it into the HOT category of receivers ...
Regards,
JS
My TenTec RX-320D "DSP" Receiver experience
was with a Noisy Dell Lap-Top's Power Supply :
Run the Lap-Top on the Battery A-OK. ~ RHF
.
I will have to try the extra-long USB Cable trick.
.
.
dave
What $5k SDR do you have?
John Smith
2010-08-30 04:49:35 UTC
Post by dave
What $5k SDR do you have?
http://www.flex-radio.com/OnlineOrdering.aspx

The 5000C, beautiful radio ...

Regards,
JS
dave
2010-08-30 14:00:10 UTC
Post by John Smith
Post by dave
What $5k SDR do you have?
http://www.flex-radio.com/OnlineOrdering.aspx
The 5000C, beautiful radio ...
Regards,
JS
I was going to get a FlexRadio until I found out I need POS Windows to
use it. I got a K3 instead.

Rob Sherwood has a K3.

http://www.sherweng.com/table.html
John Smith
2010-08-30 17:48:48 UTC
Post by dave
Post by John Smith
Post by dave
What $5k SDR do you have?
http://www.flex-radio.com/OnlineOrdering.aspx
The 5000C, beautiful radio ...
Regards,
JS
I was going to get a FlexRadio until I found out I need POS Windows to
use it. I got a K3 instead.
Rob Sherwood has a K3.
http://www.sherweng.com/table.html
I have no religious devotion to one OS or the other. Linux, open
source, software is in development, and you can download beta from a
site. However, if makes no difference what platform adjusts my radio
... but, the K3 is another option.

Regards,
JS
RHF
2010-09-01 10:25:55 UTC
[...]
While looking up stuff on the :
Ten-Tec RX-320D little 'Black-Box' Receiver
http://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15

Came across this little item from TenTec :
Glow in the Dark "Tuning Knob" Rubber Trim Ring
http://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=343

hey i not passing judgment on anyone; but . . .
if'n you are having trouble finding your
tuning-knob in the middle of the night . . .
maybe this is the answer - stay-tuned ~ RHF
.
.
Dang Tuan Anh
2022-10-11 04:32:08 UTC
I'm so glad that after buying a Jeep Wrangler, I ordered Jeep sneakers from an online USA shoe store which is https://vascarabag.com and the product quality is so amazing with bright colors and genuine leather. They provide this shoes with a flat 50% discount and free shipping!
John Smith
2010-08-29 01:49:26 UTC
Post by John Smith
http://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15
Amazing little software defined radio. A friend dropped by with it and I
loaded up the software and gave it a try. The check is in the mail and I
am anxiously awaiting to have one of my own!
This puts all other radios in this price class in the dirt ...
Regards,
JS
Will it run on Linux? If not, what is its "price class"?
Depending on the flavor/version of linux you have, there is probably
software on your install disk. If not, there is 3rd party software out
there for download ... I don't know if the install disk had linux
software on it or not ...

Regards,
JS