Sony SW-7600 advice on repair
M B
2023-07-12 04:20:02 UTC
Hi, I mistakenly used a SW-7600GR AC 100v-240v AC to DC adaptor on a SW-7600 that should have been AC 110-240v. My mistake. The adaptor smoked a bit and I turned it off at the wall but the SW-7600 hasn’t been the same since.
Since then no noise from the speaker but if I try the headphone in the ‘record out’ side port on an FM preset station with the volume turned right up, I can just make out faint reception. But nothing on the other jacks.
Any thoughts as to the SMD capacitor/s likely to be the culprit/s ?
Any help, much appreciated.
Many thanks.
Mark
Sony Tech Support
2023-07-12 17:28:29 UTC
Post by M B
Hi, I mistakenly used a SW-7600GR AC 100v-240v AC to DC adaptor on a
SW-7600 that should have been AC 110-240v. My mistake. The adaptor
smoked a bit and I turned it off at the wall but the SW-7600 hasn’t
been the same since. Since then no noise from the speaker but if I try
the headphone in the ‘record out’ side port on an FM preset station
with the volume turned right up, I can just make out faint reception.
But nothing on the other jacks. Any thoughts as to the SMD capacitor/s
likely to be the culprit/s ? Any help, much appreciated.
Many thanks.
Mark
Hi Mark,
We suggest you send the radio to our repair shop. After using a wrong
adaptor, You sound to us like you're just way too God Damn fucking stupid
to fix something like that your self without breaking something else.

Good luck, Glad we could help.

Jim
Sony Tech Support